However, there are lots of things to sort out to facilitate our move, and to sort out when we arrive.
- Collect all our belongings from under our bush the mooring (including my bike, bags of coal, some wood, and a pallet)
- Say bye to everyone properly (hopefully with a party, although we're very busy in the next two weeks, so our official 'send off' might have to wait a bit.
- Consider who we could recommend to fill our spot (M may have ideas already but our spot is quite desirable)
- Acquire some scaffolding poles in case of flooding. Mike on Innocenti recommends Logic Scaffolding, so when we are in permanently we'll give them a call.
- Make some heavier, nicer curtains. While we were moored outside the Fort during the lock closure, we felt very exposed, and although I like having the option to have lots of light, I'd also like to have some better curtains and keep them closed on the land-ward side at least. They'll also help keep heat in hopefully.
- Choose where to moor... Hopefully somewhere on Midsummer Common. We have several spaces in mind.
- Go and introduce ourselves to all our neighbours (especially the ones we've not met yet).
- Organise a Mooring Warming Party! This is crucial! (We'll probably reserve a bit of the Fort, probably, since we can only have 6 on board comfortably at any one time).