Saturday, 17 July 2010

What's in a name?

This evening I took the plunge. Not literally, I hasten to add!

The Duck finally has its name back, after a year incognito. And it was pretty nervewracking (I had to ask James to go to the pub - this was something I needed to tackle on my own) but it turned out OK I think.

I started off trying to use a one stroke brush, but once I found I could get straighter lines with a long signwriting brush, I carried on with that. And yes, the C's and U's don't match or look as smooth as I'd like, but I'm pleased with it.

That dent above the C is from where the Georgina hit us two years ago...


  1. I'm impressed. Much braver than my method and it looks great. Well done Amy


  2. It looks very good.I imagine that the curved letters are the most difficult to do.