Saturday 19 March 2011

Wish Us Luck!

Last year's race
As you read this (assuming you read it bewteen 16:00 and 16:30 or so!) James and I will be in London on the Thames tideway, about to compete in the Women's Eights Head of the River Race from Mortlake to Putney. It is the biggest all-women's race in perhaps the world, with 300 or so crews rowing. James is coxing, and I am in the 5 seat of our eight. This race has been our aim all winter, and despite some setbacks and with lots of organisation and help from lots of people, we are doing it! I'll write a race report on Monday.

Let's go!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered what was going on as I drove over Hammersmith Bridge on the way home from work this afternoon. I counted about 15 eights, and there were crowds of spectators on the bridge. Maybe I saw you without knowing!

    ReplyDelete