Monday, 17 September 2012

Vertically Challenged

That's me. I am hoping to do some jam making this year, and identified a lovely plum tree from the Cambridge fruit map. However, I just cant reach the fruit, even when I climbed up it I could only reach a handful of them! I am going to have to invest in some kind of grabber or hook (boathook would be great but this tree is nowhere near the river so i need something more lightweight) to bring the branches down so that I can get to them! 

twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?


  1. Can you shake the tree?

  2. Amy -you will be wanting one of these gizmos:

    Available on Amazon for not a lot. Was picking Damsons with one today.

  3. I can recommend a plum-picking helper for you, complete with experience but lacking manners.